Feb 18, 2019
On episode 156 of the BSP I analyze The Verge & Vox Media abusing the YouTube Copyright System, Chuck E. Cheese Pizza Conspiracy and the double standard on YouTube, Deadmau5 deleting his Twitch channel, and Amazon Pulling out of the NY HQ2 plans.
Subscribe to the full audio podcast at http://www.bandrewsays.com
Ask Questions: AskBandrew@gmail.com
00:00 - Intro
00:55 - The Verge Are Hypocrites (Copyright Striking Criticism Videos)
* The Verge YT Copyright Extortion: https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/11/18220032/youtube-copystrike-blackmail-three-strikes-copyright-violation
* The Verge Copyrighting Channels: https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Verge-issues-copyright-claims-against-multiple-YouTube-videos-criticizing-its-infamous-PC-build-video.407746.0.html
* Nilay’s Response: https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/15/18226105/a-note-about-youtube-copyright-strikes-from-vox-media
* Pawn Jilsner Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWqAIgaBMY8
09:26 - Chuck E. Cheese Conspiracy Theory & YouTube
12:05 - Deadmau5 Deleted His Twitch Channel
19:19 - Amazon Pulls Out
* Amazon TC Article: https://techcrunch.com/2019/02/14/amazon-drops-plans-for-new-york-hq2/
* The Deal: https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/politics/albany/2018/11/13/new-york-amazon-incentives-billion/1986979002/
24:02 - WYHTS: Reserve Tumbs Up & Thumbs Down for Verified Users
26:12 - WYHTS: DNA Companies Own Your DNA Profile
27:45 - WYHTS: Podcasting Has a Discoverability Issue
34:23 - WYHTS: Dislike Mobs are Important
36:01 - WYHTS: Startups Exist for Acquisition
38:30 - Ask Bandrew
39:12 - Email 1
39:40 - Budget Audio Interface Recommendation
* Xenyx vs Midas Preamps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-agWCw1Tbc
42:10 - Email 2
43:01 - How to Change to Line 1 16-Bit on Windows?
* Downmixing Stereo Input to Mono: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfGZyTAfd1c
44:11 - Email 3
45:47 - Is There Anything Wrong with Mixing Dynamic & Condenser Mics?
46:48 - Can the Rodecaster Pro Drive the Rode Procaster?
47:08 - Can I get the Rode Broadcaster fo Loud Live Environments?
47:49 - Email 4
47:58 - The Most Serious Question Ever
48:29 - Email 5
49:16 - Will a Mic Pick Up More Keyboard Noise if the Keyboard is In Front or Behind the Mic?
50:53 - Outro